We are excited to announce the two (2) tryout dates for our 2022 - 2023 IMPACT Volleyball Club. Due to changing conditions, please make sure that you check back at this site, in the event there are any changes, etc. Therefore, please read this notes below carefully:
- Tryouts will be at at The Rahway Recreation Center, Wednesday, August 17 (10:30 am - 2:30 pm), AND Thursday, August 18 (5-9pm). We may also add a makeup tryout date in September. Info will be posted right here at a later date.
- The dates and times are firm, however that time slots will be adjusted (within those parameters listed above) to best accommodate the #s and age groups signed up to tryout.
|Date||Time & Age Groups (Click here for USAV/GEVA age classification)|
|Wed., Aug. 17||10:30 AM - 12:15 PM (Age Groups: 13s, 14s, & 15s)|
|12:45 PM - 2:30 PM (Age Groups: 16s, 17s, & 18s)|
|Thu., Aug. 18||5:00 PM- 6:45 PM (Age Groups: 13s, 14s, & 15s)|
|7:15 PM - 9:00 PM (Age Groups: 16s, 17s, & 18s)|
- In order to participate in any tryout session, each player must register with GEVA and obtain a USAV Membership card that must be presented at tryouts. Please read GEVA's latest important notes regarding Membership Updates for Current and Pending Seasons and Tryouts for 2022 - 2023, by clicking here
- To register with GEVA, a parent MUST register FIRST and then register the player(s). PLEASE follow ALL steps to register Parent and Players by going to the USAV Registration Video Link (4 short videos) by click here.
- The club season will run for 17 weeks on Mondays and Thursdays, beginning on Jan 2nd, 2023 and running through the end of April. So far, Mondays will be @ Metuchen Sports (sometime between 5-8 pm) and Thursdays at our home, The Rahway Recreation Center (sometime between 6 and 9pm). Those dates are locked but we will determine the actual timeslots once tryouts are complete and teams are chosen.
- We will field 4 teams this season. The age groups of the teams selected will be determined by the # and quality of players trying out. We could field any age from 13-18 or even two teams at an age group. We are limited to (4) teams because of court time.
- We will adhere to all Federal, State, Local, GEVA and venue regulations regarding Covid and will adjust to any developments.
- Fees: Tryouts $60 (covers 1 date or both). For those who are selected and accept, the fee for the club season will be $1500 (which includes club costs and uniforms, as well as entry to 6 or 7 tournaments, including a 2-day weekend tournament). Important note: We will be discussing add on options for one or two of our high performing teams. In those cases, we may consider 2 or more additional tournaments, including a "Qualifier". If this takes place, there will be additional costs for tourney entry, coach fees and hotels cost. This will be a "team decision" made by parents, coaches, and players.
- Regarding other clubs and tryouts, we have been told that no offer or tryout is GEVA sanctioned until August 15th. Understand that any offers made prior to that aren’t binding. GEVA sanctioned club tryouts may begin on 8/15/22.
- We expect to, once again, have a large turnout for tryouts, so we are sending this information to our 2022 members so that, if interested, we can get you registered.
- It’s been a pretty crazy year, but we feel that we will be able to move forward and provide the same quality and value we have been known for over the years!
- In order to participate in Impact VBC tryouts, each player must register with Impact VBC. Please click here to register.
- Registration has been extended until Wednesday, 8/17 and there will be no in-person registration. Registered players must bring to the tryouts the following:
- + A USAV Membership card (To register with GEVA, please see videos above)
+ A completed and signed USAV Medical Form (For a blank form, please
- + A $60 check, money order or cash
- Players are required to bring their own water and masks are required on the way in and out.
- Links to forms will be found on our website and on www.GEVA.org.
- Registration is now open!