IMPACT 2020 – 2021 Season Tryout Information
We are excited to announce the three (3) tryout dates for our 2020 – 2021 IMPACT Volleyball Club. Due to Covid19, there are a lot of new rules we need to follow for everyone’s safety. Therefore, please read this notes below carefully:
- Tryouts will be at Metuchen Sportsplex, September 18 (5-9pm), 19 (10-2pm), and 21 (4-8pm). Age group specific times will be announced once registration numbers come in. We have to balance our age groups because of CDC (and facility) guidelines.
- In order to participate any tryout session, each player must register with GEVA and obtain a USAV Membership card that must be presented at tryouts. To register with GEVA, please click here.
- The fall season will run for 19 weeks,on Tuesdays, beginning on Oct 6th and running through February 9th. All practices will be 90 minutes. Then we stop for the NJ High School Season (approx 6 weeks). We will make our decision regarding April/May, once we see the direction GEVA is taking.
- We will field 4 teams this season. The age groups of the teams selected will be determined by the # and quality of players trying out. We could field any age from 13-18 or even two teams at an age group. We are limited because of court time.
- Everyone will have their temperature taken upon entry, every day. Anyone with a temperature above 100 will not be admitted. We will also ask the questions provided as to how the person feels, exposure to infected people, travel to “hot spots”, etc.
- Fees: Tryouts $50 (covers 1 date or up to all 3). For those who are selected and accept the fee for the fall league will be $400. Important note: If the Rec Center becomes available during the fall season, we would be able to pick up another evening of practice at a cost not to exceed an additional $200 to cover rental and salaries.
- GEVA has no idea of when, or if, there will be sanctioned tournaments this season. We will make every effort to provide scrimmages with local clubs. In the event that there IS a tournament season, we would have to figure our costs and propose them to the team. These costs would have to include uniforms, etc, although many clubs are talking about numbered T’s to keep cost down.
- Regarding other clubs and tryouts, please understand that we are all in the same situation regarding tournaments, etc. Understand that any offers made aren’t binding until 9/21/20. GEVA sanctioned club tryouts may begin on 9/18/20.
- IMPACT VBC will take every precaution regarding the Covid-19 pandemic, including, but not limited to: Each team having their own volleyballs which are disinfected after every practice. Temperatures will be taken every practice and if a player is to be quarantined, we will abide by that. Practices will be closed to spectators, depending on the rules of the facility. No one will be allowed courtside.
- We expect to, once again, have a large turnout for tryouts, so we are sending this information to our 2020 members so that, if interested, we can get you registered.
- It’s been a pretty crazy year, but we feel that we will be able to move forward and provide the same quality and value we have been known for over the years!
- In order to participate in Impact VBC tryouts, each player must register with Impact VBC. Please click here to register.
- Registration will close on 9/17 and there will be no in-person registration. Registered players must bring to the tryouts the following:
+ A USAV Membership card (To register with GEVA, please click here)
+ A completed and signed USAV Medical Form (For a blank form, please click here)
+ A completed and signed COVID-19 Daily Pre-screening Questions (For a blank questionnaire, please click here)
+ A $50 check, money order or cash
- Players are required to bring their own water and masks are required on the way in and out.
- Links to forms will be found on our website and on www.GEVA.org. Registration is now open!
|Date||Time & Age Groups (Click here for USAV/GEVA age classification)|
|Fri., Sep. 18||5:00pm – 6:45pm (Age Groups: 13s, 14s, & 15s)|
|7:00pm – 8:45pm (Age Groups: 16s, 17s, & 18s)|
|Sat., Sep. 19||10:00 am – 11:30am (Age Groups: 13s, 14s, & 15s)|
|11:30 am – 1:00pm (Age Groups: 16s, 17s, & 18s)|
|Mon., Sep. 21||5:00pm – 6:30pm (Age Groups: 13s, 14s, & 15s)|
|6:30pm – 8:00pm (Age Groups: 16s, 17s, & 18s)|